Networker

Re: [Networker] New barcocded labels on recycled tapes - what does Legato do?

2005-03-09 04:32:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] New barcocded labels on recycled tapes - what does Legato do?
From: Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 04:32:04 -0500
I believe that legato will only relabel a tape into another pool only when
there is no available space on any of the tapes (including ones in use) in
the pool that you want to label a tape to. At least I have seen this
happen on legato 6.1.3 several backups required tapes from poolA and there
were spare tapes in poolB that could be relabeled to poolA but nothing
happened until 2 tapes from poolA currently being written too were
completely filled up. This behaviour stopped me from using a policy of
putting all new tapes into a scratch pool to be reassigned by legato to
other pools that needed them. On less complex setups this behaviour might
not be seen as it requiers multiple savesets want a pool at the same time.