Networker

[Networker] Block size in Windows

2005-03-08 21:34:22
Subject: [Networker] Block size in Windows
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:29:58 -0500
We've got a Solaris NW server sharing tape drives with a Windows storage
node.  When we first set this up, I searched the Legato knowledge base
for how to set the Windows block size.  I found an article that walked
me through setting the environmental variable as well as adding a couple
registry keys.  Well, we just upgraded to 2003 and I'm going through the
storage node set up again.  When I look through the Legato knowledge
base now, this article is no longer there.

So, do I still need to do both steps?  Is setting the environmental
variable sufficient?

Thanks.

Teresa