Networker

[Networker] neteworker 7.x vs netbackup 5.x

2005-03-07 11:35:43
Subject: [Networker] neteworker 7.x vs netbackup 5.x
From: Rob Haig <rhaig AT RENEWDATA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 10:20:37 -0600
I'm looking for comparisons of networker 7.x and netbackup 5.x

Our organization is evaluating software needs and costs.  Currently
we're a veritas shop.

If anyone wants to chime in with personal experiences, we'd be looking
for the following features first and foremost:

            SAN media Servers

            Shared tape drives

            Offsite copies (vault)

            NDMP backups

I know both products will do all the above, but I'm curious how smoothly
they work.

Legato's pricing is better than netbackup, but I'm comfortable with
netbackup.  Any links or personal experiences would be helpful.

Thanks

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail from Rob Haig
and any attachments is legally privileged or otherwise confidential. If you are
not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete
the e-mail and any attachments immediately. Thank you in advance for your
cooperation. 3/7/2005 10:20 AM