Networker

[Networker] Problems recoverin data to remote host

2005-02-28 01:22:20
Subject: [Networker] Problems recoverin data to remote host
From: Thorsten Linow <Linow.Thorsten AT TALKLINE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 07:16:28 +0100
Hi,

Got a strange failure:
Environment: LNS=Sun Solaris Platform, Networker 7.1.2
clients: x86 Platform running linux and networker client 7.1.1

Situation:
On Host "alphatest" I'm backing up the /etc/hosts file

on Host "betatest" I want to recover the previously on host
"alphatest"
backed up /etc/hosts file.
I can browse the index (using the cmd-line recovery) and add the file
to the list of files to be recovered.
If I use the version command to see the list of available backed up
generations, I got no information about the
volume(s). "unknown" instead of ">volumename<"

If I want to recover data lokaly, like
-on hist "alphatest" recovering backed up data of "alphatest"
and
-on host "betatest" recovering backed up data of "betatest"
all works as designed.
I can also recover data from host "betatest" towards host "alphatest"

I already restarted the LNS by watching the daemon.log while networker
check's the media-db and indexes, no
hint at all.

I also started a nsrim -X on LNS, no changes at all.

everybody confused now?
any suggestions?

help apriciated.

Regards Thorsten Linow