Networker

[Networker] nsrnotesv stopped working suddenly

2005-02-24 06:40:52
Subject: [Networker] nsrnotesv stopped working suddenly
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:37:41 +0100
Hello,

I have "Lotus NML 2.2" installed and working for a long time (more than 2
years). Yesterday and Today, we got the following message:

* notes1:NOTES: 3 retries attempted
* notes1:NOTES: nsrnotesv: Legato NetWorker Module for Lotus v2.2
* notes1:NOTES: nsrnotesv: Branch information: rt_2003_1Q.Build.114
* notes1:NOTES: nsrnotesv: compiled with Notes API 5.0.2

and the backup failed. We don't see any more errors. In the Event Viewer we
can see DrWatson errors during the backup hours. The errors are like this
one:

Source: DrWatson
Category: None
Type: Information
Event ID: 4097
The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on
02/24/2005 @ 00:34:22.697 The exception generated was c0000005 at address
00472A78 (<nosymbols>)

I've used ProcessExplorer (SysInternals) to look into the problem. If I
start the scheduled group I can see that 'nsrexecd' starts 'savefs' in the
client. And next it starts 'nsrnotesv'. At this moment I can see something
like a command prompt window appearing a dissapearing very fast.
ProcessExplorer shows that 'nsrnotesv' ends. ¿¿¿ why ???

I can launch a manual backup from GUI using NetWorker User for Lotus and it
starts processing the backup. I can launch 'nsrnotesv' from the command line
and it starts processing the backup. Now, while writing this message, this
manual backup is running.

At the end, I'll try to run again the scheduled backup to see if the problem
has been solved (due to a full backup manual and the reuse of the
transactional logs with -G 1 option). But If this does't work I don't have
any more ideas to test.

So I'm asking to you if someone has never seen this.

Thank you very much!

--

o o o  Manel Rodero                   | LCFIB - UPC
o o o  Helpdesk Manager               | Campus Nord - Modul B6

       manel AT fib.upc DOT edu              | Tel: +00 34 93 401 6940
       http://www.fib.upc.edu/~manel  | Fax: +00 34 93 401 7040