Networker

Re: [Networker] SUMMARY: permission denied on clients with new 7.1 server

2005-02-23 08:30:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] SUMMARY: permission denied on clients with new 7.1 server
From: Michael Theurich <Michael.Theurich AT anitesystems DOT de>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:27:47 +0100
Problem: Adding a new server to an existing networker installation. see
below for error messages.

Thanks for the quick help. You pointed me to the right direction (nsrexecd
on the client)

the man page for nsrexecd specifies thre ways to nominate the permitted
servers:
- given by one or more -s command line arguments to nsrexecd
- listed in the file specified by the -f command line argument to nsrexecd
- listed in the file /nsr/res/servers (not searched when -s is given!)
(all servers have access if none of these is specified!)
(it does not say what happens when both -s and -f are given)

our clients never had /nsr/res/servers, but the /etc/init.d/networker script
specified "-s <oldserver>". this has been set by the networker postinstall
script.

I removed the -s on all clients, and install the proper /nsr/res/servers ==>
works fine!

Once again, many thanks. This is the best support community I have ever
seen.

Michael