Networker

Re: [Networker] Scheduling

2005-02-15 18:49:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Scheduling
From: "Rohrich, James" <James.Rohrich AT UOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:39:00 -0600
Correct about the tapes, but the tapes will be recycled by the system when all
of the client retention period has been reached. If the tapes are in the
system, they can be used and over written.

In answer to your question, all you need is multiple client definitions for the
different browse and retention periods.

For example create CLIENTA with a browse and rentention period of 6 weeks.
Create another instance for CLIENTA with a 6 month browse and a 3 year
retention. Unless you are on version 5.5.x or earlier Networker will maintain
both browse and retention periods. To keep them and use tapes effectively
though, the backups must  be written to different tapes.