Networker

Re: [Networker] recreate a client from scratch with a new id

2005-02-11 16:12:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] recreate a client from scratch with a new id
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:08:21 -0500
Hmm, the procedure should have worked..ie with old clientid taken, the
new clientid should be fine.  It seems Networker is still associating
the clientname you want to use with some other clientid in the media
database.

Is is possible that you have a third clientid involved?   I would do
a search on the client name you want use and see what clientids there
are...something like?

mminfo -a -r clientid,client | sort -u

I must admit, I've only used the "associate the clientid with a fakename"
trick to give the new/unwanted clientid to a fake host.  The old clientid
that owns the indexes is usually the one I wanted associate with everything.

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems