Networker

Re: [Networker] recreate a client from scratch with a new id

2005-02-10 11:07:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] recreate a client from scratch with a new id
From: Hildegard Gerlach <hildegard.gerlach AT JRC DOT IT>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:05:11 +0100
Riaan Louwrens wrote:

If you are sure that you DONT want to recover any old data - you can go in the
"index" directory on your backup server as well - and remove the directory with
the same name as the client (in some cases this might be a long.name directory, if both
exist - delete both).

This, deleting the actual client instance - and any savesets should do the
trick.

I have tried even before deleting the index directory of that client, but the result is always the same. Creating the client again I am not able to force a new id, he always takes the old one (which is somewhere in the media database ?). If I do a backup it seems to work but I can't find the index in the Networker Administrator's indexes tab.

If not,

You can create a client - and enter your own arbitrary client id, do the whole
delete process again and then if you creat a client again it should assign a
new id automatically.

For the client name I want I don't manage to give him another ID. I don't understand well what you want to say with the above sentence.

If you search the archive for invisible indexes there is something similar (item 003139 and 003145). Do I have to divert the client id ?

Thanks

Hilde

(PS, I am sure I dont need to tell you to NOT delete the wrong directory ... )

Regards,
Riaan