Networker

Re: [Networker] backup a group many times per day.

2005-02-08 13:01:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] backup a group many times per day.
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 19:00:39 +0100
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, William M. Fennell wrote:

WMF> I would like to run a group that backs up a certain folder every hour.
WMF> I have this working through cron on my Solaris 8 system.
WMF> However we have everything else configured through the GUI.
WMF> Can the group be scheduled through the GUI for multiple daily runs?
WMF> If so please pass along the syntax.

Ensure that you have show advanced options enabled in the GUI. Then set
the group to start at the first hourly interval at the new day. Then set
interval to 1:00, and probably force incremental to yes. This is all set
in the group properties. Force incremental makes consecutive runs during
the day to be forced to incremental, even though the group or client
schedule is set to full for a particular day.

//Oscar