Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato support worse than usual?

2005-02-08 12:30:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato support worse than usual?
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:29:54 -0500
While I don't want to complain  I must commend you on your bug/oddity list.
I can only pipe in with a "me too".   I can say I:

a.) Have SYSTEM STATE failing on the webtrends clients.  We're zeroing
in on nonpagedpoolsize but have no solution yet.

b.) Have not had experience with NDMP on 7.1.1 yet but am concerned now.

c.) Have some Netware clients and realize the drawbacks.

d.) Have groups that hang forvever on a client.  While its always a client
issue (the probe might be stuck) that group can hang for days unless someone
catches it. No timeouts are honored.  Its been mostly 6.2 clients that
do this but from a design point a view its troubling; one client can cause
the backups not to run.

e.) The clients looking up the server name cause failures all the time if
the DNS name is not appended. Fixed with host file entries on the client it
becomes worst as one cannot change the server network interface for the
client or storage node without those lookups failing.

Altogether a good summarized listing.

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems