Networker

Re: [Networker] Drive unable to unload

2005-02-07 12:05:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Drive unable to unload
From: Phillip_Young AT I2 DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 11:05:15 -0600
 I have experienced the same issue with a couple of my DLT8000 drives
inside a Sun (StorageTek) L180.
-ty

Phillip T. ("Ty") Young, DMA
Manager, Data Center and Backup/Recovery Services
Information Services
i2 Technologies, Inc.

             Brian Huffman
             <bhuffman@INCYTE.
             Sent by: Legato           NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

             NetWorker                                                  cc
             discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE                                     Subject
             RV.TEMPLE.EDU>            Re: [Networker] Drive unable to
                                       unload

             02/07/2005 10:58
             AM

             Please respond to
             Legato NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE
              RV.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
               Brian Huffman
             <bhuffman@INCYTE.

Thanks - Unfortunately this only ends in the drive being put into
service mode, so this doesn't seem like to correct way for things to
work.  In addition, I don't really believe that the tape has been
unmounted.  I'll have to run over to the library to check this out, but
the last time this happened, the drive was *not* unmounted, and it was
completely unresponsive.  It couldn't even be unmounted from the front
panel of the jukebox.  I needed to power-cycle the jukebox to resolve
this issue.

Brian