Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato support worse than usual?

2005-02-07 11:52:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato support worse than usual?
From: Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:50:58 -0600
According to my experience and dealings with some Legato tech. support
analysts, they are the most patient and diligent support analyst I've
dealt with. They will spend hours on the phone to get into the cause or
problem and eventually leading to the resolution of the problem/issue.

The new Maintenance contract is even better, it now offers us all a
7x24 Tech. support, unlike before or other software/hardware vendors,
you will need to pay a premium amount to get that kind of service.

I'm using both support (web & phone) and as long as you provide them an
accurate picture of your environment and your problem, your
problem/issues will be resolved immediately.

Let us all remember, we are a (Networker customers) mix of various
operating systems, O/S levels, O/S patches/upgrades and not to mentions
various type of machines/servers, that's why we cannot expect Legato
Tech. support analysts to understand our situation/environment right
away as soon as we open a service call and talk to them on the phone.

Not mention their 'webex' software tool. We have Maintenance contract
on our various software and servers and only Legato uses webex, which
helps a lot in providing them an accurate 'picture' of the condition of
your files and environment.

I haven't noticed any change in Tech. support since the EMC
takeover/integration, I have been talking/dealing with the same Tech.
support analyst before and still getting the same efficient
service/attention.

Librado Pamintuan
Technical Support Analyst II
Information Systems Dep.
Operations Group
City of Regina

Phone:          (306) 777-7573
General Fax: (306) 777-6804
eFax:             (306) 546-6002
eMail:            lpamintuan AT regina DOT ca

>>> conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM 02/07/05 06:15am >>>
In my experience, Legato support is about the same as it has been for
the
past couple of years: outstanding for quick, simple problems and
increasingly questionable as the issues become more complex and
convoluted.

Part of the problem may be the EMC takeover/integration. Another part
is
that as time goes on we customers learn the "tricks" and have less need
for
quick, simple questions. Thus, we get more and more questionable
support.

But as one who remembers The Dark Days of Legato support, today's
support is
a great leap forward.

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 08:02:52 -0800, michael brooks
<MichaelB AT SEQUOIAINS DOT COM>