Networker

[Networker] nmc 3.0

2005-02-07 10:25:51
Subject: [Networker] nmc 3.0
From: David Gold-news <dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:24:33 -0500
Enough with the flames, please.

Ken, I've had similar problems with backing up the NMC database. It is a sybase db, but the instructions just don't appear to work. I didn't open up a call with Legato, but should have...I'd suggest that is your best course of action. (I did take some time to try to run the commands behind the scenes manually, and got some issues there as well, so Legato probably has a fix or updated instructions)

BTW, if you aren't using NMC 3.1, you should upgrade to it. They'll undoubtedly tell you to do so, and there is a change it'll fix it.

Please do tell what the problem you are trying to fix it...you should be able to migrate the data to a new box without using the backup feature, if that is the issue.

Dave