Networker

Re: [Networker] Installing Legato on VMS

2005-01-24 14:32:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Installing Legato on VMS
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:31:36 -0600
Dave,

I think the problem with getting a 'DIR' is that you probably have the CD
mounted as a tape device rather than a file device.  It's been a while since
I have worked much with VMS but I think the command you want is
'MOUNT/OVERRIDE=IDENTIFICATION' to get it mounted as a file type device.

Also, IIRC if the drive is 'Mounted allocated' you can only access it from
the process that mounted it.

So, what I think would work is this:

$ DISMOUNT/NOUNLOAD TEST1$DQA0:
$ MOUNT/OVERIDE=ID TEST1$DQAO: