Networker

[Networker] Help with Oracle restore.

2005-01-20 14:15:44
Subject: [Networker] Help with Oracle restore.
From: "Novello, Guy" <GNovello AT PHCS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:14:22 -0500
Greetings,
I need some assistance from you Oracle guru's out there.
I recently moved a database from one server to another using Networker and the
Oracle database was shutdown.
The DBA gets the error message show below:
ORA-01152: file 85 was not restored from a sufficiently old backup
ORA-01110: data file 85: '/dev/vx/rdsk/prerac_undo/inp_vundo01_n1'

The dba said the backup was "bad" requested that I do it over again. The
research that I did on that error says that it is an Oracle error and
it is caused by an insufficient amount of redo logs were applied.

What is the probability that this was caused by a "bad" backup? I later found
out that the DBA had moved the files to another location before
starting the rebuild. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!
Guy Novello
Storage Management
PHCS