Networker

Re: [Networker] FIXED : probe/savefs suddenly failing on return code 21 ?!?

2005-01-19 07:39:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] FIXED : probe/savefs suddenly failing on return code 21 ?!?
From: thierry.faidherbe AT HP DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:32:55 -0500
Dears,

After investigating in all possible ways and long system-call level
investigations, I have detected the problem to be within savefs that
fails to store in memory Filesystem attributes for rather big FS.

I have a FS of 943GB. Reducing to 600Gb, savefs works again,
increasing above 600, it fails again.

Failing system call is getfsstat :

getfsstat (0x0, 0, 2) = 50
getfsstat (0x1401c0000, 17136, 2) =  -1, (Value too large to be stored in
data type.)

getfsstat - Gets list of all mounted file systems

SYNOPSIS

  #include <sys/types.h>
  #include <sys/mount.h>
  getfsstat(
          struct statfs buf[],
          long bufsize,
          int flags );

PARAMETERS

  buf       An array of statfs structures.

  bufsize   Specifies the size in bytes of the buf parameter.

  flags     Specifies one of the following flags:

            MNT_WAIT  Wait for an update from each file system before return-
                      ing information.

            MNT_NOWAIT
                      Information is returned without requesting an update
                      from each file system. Thus, some of the information
                      will be out of date, but the getfsstat() function will
                      not block waiting for information from a file system
                      that is unable to respond.

Looks like a savefs bug.

Cheers and thansks for the ones that responded !

Thierry