Networker

[Networker] MSEXCH:MB - Different Windows Login Domains

2005-01-13 19:01:19
Subject: [Networker] MSEXCH:MB - Different Windows Login Domains
From: Randy Doering <rdoering AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:53:47 -0500
Greetings, Our environment is a Tru64 V5.1B Server running Networker 7.1.1.

We have MS Exchange 2000 and MS Exchange 2003 (which we are migrating to),
though I don't think this question is related to either - could be wrong -
I've been wrong once or twice before :).

I searched the archives for this question, but didn't see a Q/A.

So, we have a Windows Exchange Admin Account with a logon into
Domain "xyz". I have the Account/Password set in the Exchange Client
Resource "Remote User" field. It will go and find/backup the email accounts
from domain "xyz", but skips (doesn't find) the email accounts in Windows
login domain "abc".

We created another Exchange Admin Account with a logon into the
Domain "abc". It was able to go and find the email accounts of users from
the domain "abc", but cound not see the accounts in the "xyz" domain.

So, do we need to create an Exchange Admin Account for each of the Windows
login domain, and correspondely, create a separate Legato Client Resource
(with the "Remote User" field set accordingly for each login domain?

I hope this question is clear. Please respond if further information is
needed.

Regards,
Randy