Networker

Re: [Networker] Novell: LGTpa50711 is fixed in v7.1.3

2005-01-11 12:44:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Novell: LGTpa50711 is fixed in v7.1.3
From: Craig Ruefenacht <craig.ruefenacht AT US.USANA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:39:31 -0700
Hi,

I've had a few inquiries this morning concerning the fix for LGTpa50711
and what my experience was with the hotfix before v7.1.3 came out.

There is a README that came with the hotfix, and in summary, here is
what it required and what you could and could not do.

I am not sure whether the fix included with Networker v7.1.3 has these
constraints - I haven't tested v7.1.3 yet.  I wouldn't be surprised if
the constraints remain.  You should consult with Legato support to
verify whether these constraints exist in the fix for v7.1.3

1. Saveset recovery is only supported to the original client to which
the saveset belongs.  So you can't recover a saveset from Novell server
"A" to server "B".

2. It required the Networker Netware client v4.22.  If you have old
Novell servers that cannot run v4.22 of the Networker Netware client,
saveset recoveries still won't work.

3. As mentioned by me in an earlier post, the fix is NOT in Networker
7.2.  It is only in 7.1.3.  This may seem strange to some of you, but
remember that v7.2 was out before v7.1.3 came out, so v7.2 cannot simply
be v7.1.3 + improvements.  As a result, v7.1.3 can (and does) contain
fixes that are not in v7.2.

--
Craig Ruefenacht
UNIX Systems Administrator