Networker

[Networker] New User - Questions

2005-01-10 04:02:17
Subject: [Networker] New User - Questions
From: Gary Matthews <gary.matthews AT CGI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 03:51:25 -0500
Hi, I've justtaken on the support of a new Networker system -  7.1 and
running on and backing up W2K servers , and am slowly getting to grips with
it - a bit different to backup exec :-)  I do have a couple of questions
though - probably very easy for you guys but any help you'd care to give
would be welcome

We're using an ESL9322 library with barcoded tapes. On backup exec you have
the scan option for barcoded tapes, much quicker than a full blown
inventory -  is there a similair function in Networker?

Beinga  ne wuser to Legato, and knowing nothing about scripting or Perl are
there any examples of batch files out there to run daily operation type
things - eg, creat a list of succesfull backups, run a clone at the end of
the daily backups, eject that clone from the library

TIA

Gary