Networker

Re: [Networker] Experience with LotusNotes 6.5 and networker modul LN2.2

2005-01-04 07:39:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Experience with LotusNotes 6.5 and networker modul LN2.2
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 13:38:19 +0100
Hi,

I'm a user of NML2.2 with Domino 5.0.x servers and I suppose that he asks
this question because NML has some recovery problems for example:

- with DB located under a .DIR directory (i.e. DB not located directly under
the DATA directory of Domino but in another drive/directory pointed by the
.DIR file).

- some panics when using 'nsrdoc' under certains conditions (I don't which
ones nor the Legato support when I openned a case):

C:\>nsrdocrc -s legato_server -p C:\Lotus\Domino\Data\BBDDDocs.nsf -t
1070413358
nsrdocrc: Restoring database to temporary area: C:\legato\nsr\applogs
nsrdocrc: Success for C:\legato\nsr\applogs\Docs.nsf
nsrdocrc: Using 03/12/2003 02:02:38 as upper time limit
nsrdocrc: Applying Transaction logs for logged database(s) ...
Unexpected internal error returned to logger: 0x20762010
Recovery Manager: Unable to recover DB C:\Lotus\Domino\Data\statrep.nsf
[...]
Unable to complete restart processing, err = Recovery Manager: Error from
Loggin
g Subsystem..

 Thread=[0ACC:0002-0A64]
PANIC: Unable to complete restart processing. ()

- some errors while accesing databases that are opened by users (I don't
know why too :-( ...):

C:\>nsrnotesv -s legato_server -G 1 -R
Please wait, creating new transaction logs in directory: D:\LOGDIR\
nsrnotesv: Error returned for C:\Lotus\Domino\Data\admin4.nsf by Notes API,
erro
r = 525 (This database is currently being used by someone else.  In order to
sha
re a Notes database, all users must use a Domino Server instead of a File
Server
.)
Restart Analysis (0 MB): 100%

- etc. etc.

I'm happy because I don't have to recover too much documents from Domino ...
the only thing I'm very happy with is the fact that using this module, the
backups for Domino machines are shorter! Before using this module, we did
the backup of these machines using the normal Legato client, and EVERY DAY,
it doesn't matter the level of the backup, ALL databases where backed up
because of the modification of the file by the Domino processes.

Sorry for this very dissapointing message but ... :-(

See you.