Networker

Re: [Networker] Correct st.conf for Sony SAIT-1 drive?

2004-12-04 10:22:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Correct st.conf for Sony SAIT-1 drive?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:21:36 -0500
On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Oscar Olsson wrote:

>OK, the difference is 4000 between 1d639 and 19639, so its possible that
>it might be an outdated option. I'll check with SpectraLogic, who are
>responsible for the Sony drives in the T950 library. I bet I won't get any
>support directly from Sony since these are OEM drives behind a spectra
>QIP.

Oh, you're probably right about contacting Sony for support. My S-AIT
drives are sitting in a Sony PetaSite so I guess the tech support options
you have are different from what I have. When we were shopping for a tape
library last winter, we seriously looked at the T950, but we went with the
PetaSite. We're happy campers with our PetaSite, but the T950 looked very
interesting too. This was a tough decision for us to make. Good luck with
your T950.