Networker

[Networker] ndmp restore - connect auth: connection has not been authorized

2004-11-30 11:18:27
Subject: [Networker] ndmp restore - connect auth: connection has not been authorized
From: Bob Flynn <bob.flynn AT S3GROUP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:17:35 -0500
Hi,

I am attempting to do a NDMP restore from a

NetApp filer ( 6.5.2.R1 ) via a Solaris 8 Networker 7.1 build 230

Once I have picked the correct data and verified I have the correct tapes
available, I get the following message;

------ Error ------
connect auth: connection has not been authorized

The NDMP connection has not been sucessfully authorized on <hostname>

------ Error --------

Things I have checked so far.

1. That ndmpd is running and is the correct version.

Yes it is running and is version 3.

2. That the root password is correct on the filer

I logged on to the filer as root.

3. That the root password on the tape device in Legato is set correctly.

I reset this to ensure it was correct.

Still no joy.

I did the following in trying to verify that the backup server and filer are
talking successfully.

# inquire -N
Enter NDMP Tape Server name: ? < hostname >
Enter NDMP user name: ? root
Enter 'root' password on NDMP host 'britney' (characters will not be echoed):

Communicating to devices on NDMP Server 'britney', this may take a while...

this does not return..

At this stage there is no further output..

I have verified that I can ping between the two machine and tried this using
IP address - no joy. I am unsure if this is a different problem or a showing
an underlying issue. Any help appreciated.

Tks.