Networker

Re: [Networker] SDLT Tape size?

2004-11-25 13:36:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] SDLT Tape size?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:01:07 -0800
> We just upgraded our Tape sub-system from a DLT7000 to a SDLT.  I just
> got this back from mminfo:
>
> mminfo -q 'volume=PSO11400' -r 'capacity, written'
>  capacity written
>   100 GB 186 GB
>
> The drive should be a SDLT-320.  Anyone know why it's reporting the
> 100GB above?

Networker (for the most part) doesn't really know or care about the
capacity of your volumes.  About the only thing it's used for is to
calculate the percentage full that is displayed to you.

So, If you want to change that, feel free to modify the 'volume default
capacity' attribute on your drives.  After that, any volume you label in
that drive will have that as the capacity.

You cannot change the capacity of a labeled volume.  Just ignore it
until you can relabel.