Networker

[Networker] NetWare TSAUP16 and new client

2004-11-23 10:04:07
Subject: [Networker] NetWare TSAUP16 and new client
From: Tony Skalski <ajs AT STOLAF DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:02:50 -0600
Greetings,

Has anybody heard anything from Legato about the apparent incompatiblity
with between Networker and the recently released TSAUP16.exe (there are
reports that Networker fails to load after the update - I have not tried
it myself)?

While poking around Legato's knowledgebase for details on this problem,
I found solution ID legato58762 which states:

  "Our software engineer is currently developing NetWorker client for
  NetWare 7.x"

Last I heard they were going to fix the saveset restore issue with
networker 7.x servers and but were still mulling over a full update to
the client. The above seems to indicate they are updating the client.
Anybody have any more information?

ajs
--
Tony Skalski