Networker

[Networker] Determining groups a client belongs to?

2004-11-16 15:53:45
Subject: [Networker] Determining groups a client belongs to?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:56:16 -0500
Is there a command or other slick method to get a list of the groups a
client belongs to other than using nsradmin like:

nsadmin> . type: NSR client; name: clientname
nsradmin> print

I'm trying to build a list of expected savesets for each client, and
some of my clients have multiple NSR client resources, each belonging to
a different group. I've noticed that using something like 'savegrp -p -c
client group' does work, but would need to be run for each group the
client belongs to in order to get a list of all the expected savesets.
Alternatively, 'savefs -p client' is supposed to give you this for all
the NSR client resources, but I've noticed that it returns no output for
most clients (when running with -v option, it reports: savefs: nothing
to save), and for others it returns only some of the savesets which
forces me to run 'savefs -p client -g group' -- which for some groups
returns nothing -- or 'savegrp -p -c client group' which always works.
This is fine, but would be nice if I didn't have to specify the group.
How can I determine the group other than nsradmin or simply having a
hard coded text file containing this information?

Thanks.

George