Networker

[Networker] nwrecover : NSR server 'myserver' : busy

2004-11-15 09:14:20
Subject: [Networker] nwrecover : NSR server 'myserver' : busy
From: "Clark, Patricia" <Clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:58:16 -0500
I am getting a message that the NSR server is busy when attempting to use
nwrecover.  I was successful at recovering files from the last full backup
and was attempting to pull files from the next level 5 backup when the busy
message occurs.  NSR server is idle, the tape is mounted, and then every 30
seconds the idle message is produced.  The recover never proceeds beyond
this point.  I even closed the nwrecover client session and restarted it
with the same results.  What am I missing here?

Patti Clark
Unix System Administrator
Office of Scientific and Technical Information