Networker

Re: [Networker] Recovering to a test environment.

2004-10-13 09:21:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recovering to a test environment.
From: "McDougal, Philip H" <PMcDougal AT JENNER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:17:01 -0500
Unfortunately, I have to do too many Exchnage restores.  This is exactly what I
do, I connect my backup server into my test lab where there's a Domain
Controller and the Exchange target server (different name than production).
Make clients for Exchange box and give it proper rights or *@*.  Sometimes I do
the restore from the exchange client gui, but mostly I do it from the command
line where I specify -s backupserver, saveset (MSEXCH:IS/blah blah) and time.
Works all the time.

Feel free to email me if you'd more specifics.

Good luck,
Phil McDougal.