Networker

[Networker] How to create event notification for required tapes?

2004-09-24 11:38:34
Subject: [Networker] How to create event notification for required tapes?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:42:48 -0400
How can I create an event notification that will email me to let me know
that one or more tapes need to be loaded for a recovery and are not
currently loaded?

I tried creating a custom notification named: 'Tape mount request' with

Action = /usr/ucb/mail -s subject recipient
Event = 'media'
Priority = 'Waiting'

This works like a champ but unfortunately it also emails me when a
backup is waiting for a writable tape. This wouldn't be so bad if there
were no writable tapes available, but there were, so it was just waiting
for it to load. How can I set this up so I only get the message when a
recovery is waiting for a tape(s) that's not loaded in the library?

If it's easier, I would be willing to live with having the notification
email me any time a backup or a recovery needs a volume(s) and none is
ACTUALLY available as opposed to being there but loaded just yet.

Thanks.

George