Networker

Re: [Networker] How to remove older entries from client index?

2004-09-23 14:12:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to remove older entries from client index?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:16:22 -0400
Hmm ... Looks like using 'dP' options will remove index entries but keep
media database entries (this is what I want since I would want to be
able to do save set recover on these savesets in future), BUT too bad
the command won't allow you to specify a time value. Looks like I'll
have to use -S ssid. Guess I'll have to generate a list of all affected
ssids and then loop the nsrmm command through each of them? There's also
a -V option, but -V won't do much good as there are other savesets on
the affected volumes whose online indexes I want to keep.

If I run this 'nsrmm -dP ssid' command against each ssid, should I then
run nsrck against the client index and if so, which level of checks
would be recommended?

Thanks.

George