Networker

Re: [Networker] Jukebox eject

2004-09-21 12:27:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Jukebox eject
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:41:06 -0700
> I have NetWorker on Linux using an Adic FastStor DLT jukebox with a single
> DLT7000 drive. NetWorker will move the tapes between the drive and the slots
> just fine when I tell it to, however when it reaches the end of a tape
> during a backup, it won't move it out of the drive and load the next one.

What version of Linux and Networker?

Annoying.  Is anything logged when this happens?  Is the tape drive
still "open" by a nsrmmd process (check with fuser or lsof)?  Does the
tape at least appear to rewind, or does it do nothing?

> I have "Auto media management" set to yes in the jukebox config window,
> which sounds like it should do what I'm asking for, but it doesn't.

It doesn't have anything to do with what you're describing.  optional
verification, followed by rewinding, ejecting, unloading, and reloading
should all be normal activities that don't have to be "enabled".

> Anyone have any ideas?

If you have a tape in the drive, but moved forward, does asking
networker to unload still work, or is it only during a backup that it
fails?