Networker

[Networker] Client for RH enterprise 3?

2004-09-16 20:13:33
Subject: [Networker] Client for RH enterprise 3?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:17:05 -0400
Was checking the Legato online compatibility guide, and it indicates
that only version 7.1.2 is supported for Enterprise 3. However, when I
checked the latest media update we received in Aug 2004, I see on the
CD:

linux_x86/lgtoclnt-7.1.2-1.i686.rpm
linux_ia64/lgtoclnt-7.1.2-1-ia64.rpm

but the paper document mentions nothing about RedHat Enterprise. Anbody
know if this client release can be used, or is there a more recent one
out there somewhere for RH Enterprise 3?

Also, any special install instructions other than just something like:
'rpm -ivh packagename.rpm'

We have a pre 7.1.2 release running on the primary server and storage
node. Hope we we can get by with that even though client will be at
higher release?

George