Networker

Re: [Networker] LAst Good Full Script

2004-09-08 13:29:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] LAst Good Full Script
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:29:35 -0400
It would be nice if one could look for the client name and level=full.
This works on a Unix client for the most part.  More logic is required for
Windows clients as they save the SYSTEM STATE and other savesets at a full
level all the time; even when the running an incremental backup.  You may
want (as least I did) only the backups from days when all savesets for
the client were a full backup.

A query such as  name=C:\ and level=full, then if  true include the SYSTEM
STATE and such from that day.  For myself, for a clone query, I simply
included the extra SYSTEM STATE, SYSTEM DB etc. savesets from the
incremental backups as they weren't too big.

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems