Networker

Re: [Networker] Host SCSI cards to support Storagetek library?

2004-08-27 16:48:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Host SCSI cards to support Storagetek library?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:52:00 -0400
A couple of questions:

1. What kind of problems did you experience with the Compaq relabeled
cards? Do you mean Compaq OEM Adaptec 39160 cards? We're using Dell OEM
Adaptec 39160s.

2. We'd like to be able to have the dual channel for the extra channel
capability. Looks like the LSI22915A would give us what we need.
According to the product info it "offers the highest Ultra160
performance available." But, if we wanted to go with the Ultra320, would
we somehow not be able to use the accompanying driver unless we're
running Enterprise? I mean, will the driver for the U320 not work under
RH7.3? we really only need U160, but just curious.

If the driver for the U160 works under RH7.3 or Enterprise, then that
would be okay.

Thanks.

George