Networker

[Networker] jbconfig on a Windows 2003 Storage Node

2004-08-16 10:45:34
Subject: [Networker] jbconfig on a Windows 2003 Storage Node
From: Adam Ardis <Adam.Ardis AT FAC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:43:51 -0400
Maybe someone can help me with this.  We just rebuilt a storage
node(Windows Server 2003) and I can't get the jukebox(Overland with 1
dlt8000 drive) to get recognized by Networker.  They both show up in the
Device Manager, seemingly correct.  When I try to autodetect a scsi
device, it doesn't show up.  I try to add it manually using
[email protected] and it doesn't work.  Am I missing something?  This is
Netwoker 7.1.2 and also using Exchange module 4.0.1.  I've tried to
reinstall the clients(storage node), and removed the devices and
rescanned.  Any ideas?

      [email protected] Pathname of the control port for the jukebox device?
scsidev

@2.6.0

using 'rd=ad02:[email protected]' as control port

Unable to access device "Quantum DLT/Digital DLT" on control port
"rd=ad02:sc

[email protected]".

jbconfig: error, There appears to be something incorrect about your
driver

installation.  Please consult your driver documentation

to help you troubleshoot your installation.

C:\PROGRA~1\Legato\nsr\bin>tapes

[email protected]:\\.\Tape0 is <QUANTUM DLT8000         0250>

C:\PROGRA~1\Legato\nsr\bin>mt -f \\.\Tape0 status

\\.\Tape0:

        Media Capacity  = 0Byte

        Media Remaining = 39.32GByte

        Media Blocksize = 0

        Media Partition Count = 0

        Media is not write protected

        default blocksize = 65536

        maximum blocksize = 65536

        minimum blocksize = 2

        MaximumPartitionCount = 0

        Partition = 0

        Logical block position = 1

        EOTWarningZoneSize = 0

        CompressionEnabled

        Features:

                Performs LONG erase operation

                Performs erase from beginning of partition only

                Performs IMMEDIATE erase operation

                Can report maximum tape capacity

                Can report amount of tape remaining

                Support FIXED block length mode

                Support VARIABLE block length mode

                Returns errors on write if tape is write - protected

                Supports hardware data compression

                Can provide current absolute device block address

                Can provide current logical block address and partition

                Can physically load and / or unload tape

                Support PREVENT / ALLOW Media Removal

                Performs IMMEDIATE rewind operations

                Allows Setting FIXED LENGTH or VARIABLE block sizes

                Performs IMMEDIATE Load / Unload operations

                Allows hardware data compression to be enabled /
disabled

                Can position tape to an absolute physical block

                Can position tape to a logical block(and partition)

                Can position tape to END of RECORDED DATA

                Can perform tape record positioning(backwards /
forwards)

                Can perform tape file positioning(backwards / forwards)

                Can search for sequential filemarks

                Can move backwards across records or filemarks or
setmarks

                Can write FILEMARKS

                Performs IMMEDIATE tape mark write operations

Thanks,

Adam