Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape block sizes (?) on Linux, Solaris, and NetApp

2004-08-15 15:40:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape block sizes (?) on Linux, Solaris, and NetApp
From: Carl Farnsworth <cfarnsworth AT SYMPATICO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:40:46 -0400
It definitely sounds like a block-mismatch issue.  If you mount a volume on
each of the 3 platforms, you should be able to see what block size they're
using from the Volume details in Device info of nwadmin.
I noticed in 7.x that there's now a field (in the Config tab of Device
config on Windows nwadmin) where block size can apparently be set.  By
default it is set to "Handler default".  (I don't recall seeing this in
6.x, but maybe it crept into 6.1.4??)
Other than that, you'll have to look up setting the
NSR_DEV_BLOCK_SIZE_drivetype parameter (see Admin guide), or messing with
stinit.def or somesuch config item.

hth, cf