Networker

Re: [Networker] File Restore

2004-08-06 20:58:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] File Restore
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:58:23 -0500
Ken,

If you use the GUI (NetWorker User) and just select the d:\ drive without
changing the browse time then Networker will recover the drive to the state
of the last backup regardless of whether it was a full or incremental.  It
will request whatever combination of full and incremental backups it needs
to achieve that.  You can see what tapes will be needed by looking at
Required Volumes under the View drop down menu.

If you restore the full and subsequent incrementals using the command line
recover command you're likely to end up with some files that may have been
deleted between the full and the last incremental backup.  Any incrementals
restored after the full would need to have the overwrite flag on of course.

I've never used the recover command from the command line so others may have
better advice than I do.

Hope this helps.

Dave

David Werth