Networker

Re: [Networker] Netapss and Legato

2004-08-06 10:30:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Netapss and Legato
From: Rahul Parasnis <rahulparasnis AT MSN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 23:30:22 +0900
Good to know that Legato will continue to support Netapps versions . But
what I have rumours that Legato in future will not support Netapps or
Netapps will not support Legato whichever way you want to say .  Which kind
of surprises me !!!

Well we are not deciding our NAS product  Either FAS920C(Netapps) for NS700
( EMC ) ?

Any thoughts on which software we should choose for Backup as we are
comparing Veritas Netbackup  and Legato ?

Interestingly Legato requires 2 NDMP licenses and VEritas were also
requiring 2 NDMP licences for CLUSTER but recently they have changed their
policy .Well Atleast our vendor is saying that Veritas does not require 2
NDMP licences for  FAS920c Cluster .

regards
- Rahul Parasnis