Networker

Re: [Networker] Library does not pick up media

2004-08-03 19:33:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Library does not pick up media
From: Carl Farnsworth <cfarnsworth AT SYMPATICO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 19:33:37 -0400
Note what volume it is saying it wants to mount - either in Messages window
or daemon.log should see prompts for "Suggest mounting volume XXX for
backup ....".  Is it asking for volumes that are not in the jukebox?  I
used to see some of this in early 6.x, where it would get "stuck on"
requesting a volume that isn't available.
    Do you take volumes that are still appendable out of the jukebox for
off-site storage?  You have to take care that these get the location
of "<jukebox>" cleared out, or you may have to mark them as Full or Read-
Only.  Do an "mminfo -m -q nearline", and see if it lists more volumes than
are in your library.

HTH, cf