Networker

Re: [Networker] Moving NW server to new hardware

2004-08-03 05:19:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Moving NW server to new hardware
From: Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 05:19:53 -0400
On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 12:12:09 -0400, Mary-Charles Nassif
<nassif AT MED.UNC DOT EDU> wrote:

>I am getting ready to do a similar procedure (solaris to solaris) and
>this is the command I'm looking at using to copy over the indices.
>
># /usr/lib/nsr/uasm -s -i . | (cd <mounted directory on new server> ;
>/usr/lib/nsr/uasm -rv)
>
>(The . just meaning that I'm in the current index directory on the old
>server.)

Just a note of caution, either make sure the <mounted directory on new
server> exists and you don't make a typo or put a test in that checks your
cd has got you where you want - if the cd fails you will be in the
original directory and overwrite the original files, on unix this means
that files larger than the disk block size will be corrupted ( I know I've
done it!!!! ).