Networker

[Networker] how can i gain compressed capacity of Super AIT Tape ?

2004-08-01 21:33:47
Subject: [Networker] how can i gain compressed capacity of Super AIT Tape ?
From: sang <ksdmin AT CDDATA.CO DOT KR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 21:34:00 -0400
HI. I  searching  configuration for compressed capacity of Super AIT Tape
Test Environment consist in below sentence
Sever : Solaris 5.8
Used Device File : /dev/rmt/0mbn, 1mbn ,2mbn,4mbn
Backup Library : Spectralogic T950
Tape Drive : Super AIT
Capacity : 500GB(native Capacity), 1.3 TB(compressed Capacity)Compress
rate 2.6:1

I know that maximum capacity is 1.3TB , however NetWorker can't gain the
value is compressed ratio. Super AIT tape Networker used result in
499GB ,  Volume Status is changed  from available to Full status when
Networker used 499GB.
Why can't gain value of compressed ratio ?
If know it . plz help me . also  if you used Super AIT on Solaris
send me Super AIT capacity is used by networker
Waiting  your response