Networker

Re: [Networker] Changing available slots?

2004-08-01 01:23:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Changing available slots?
From: Carl Farnsworth <cfarnsworth AT SYMPATICO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 01:23:41 -0400
The different behaviour or response between the two types of libraries is
due to the way the library firmware handles Cleaning Slots.  In the
StorageTek, you can only use specific slots for library auto-clean, and
when it's enabled, the Library doesn't report those slots.  Any requests
for them are denied as invalid slots, and if you re-did jbconfig, it should
only come up with the 80 slots, the 2 cleaning slots would not be available
at all.
    ATL on the other hand, lets you put cleaning tapes wherever, and it
doesn't "hide" the cleaning slots from the managing software, and Thierry
has the solution for handling this scenario.

HTH, cf