Networker

Re: [Networker] Cannot write to tape drive -- read only file system?

2004-07-28 15:29:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cannot write to tape drive -- read only file system?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:31:51 -0400
Yeah, it almost seems like some kind of hardware issue, like maybe
something internal to the drive that allows write access has been unset.
Not sure how, though. There are no power switches on the drives that I
can tell, only the buton to eject the tape and some leds. When I
manually load/unload a tape from this drive, the lights behave exactly
the same as on the other drives. The only power switches I see are on
the back of the unit. I power cycled the library, but maybe I need to
leave it off longer?