Networker

[Networker] Duplicated save sets during full backup

2004-07-26 09:09:20
Subject: [Networker] Duplicated save sets during full backup
From: Alexandre Déry/dgt/sct <Alexandre.Dery AT SCT.GOUV.QC DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:08:48 -0400
Hi,

I recently added a few clients in a new group to my Networker server
(W2K3, NW 7.1) and I began to notice a strange behavior with 2 of my
groups (the new one, and an old one).

Some save sets are backed up twice, even 3 times ! So a 15Gb backup takes
some ~30Gb instead !!!

The one thing that those two groups have in common is that they both
backup through a firewall (not the same one, but both firewalls are the
same [Checkpoint FW-1 NG R55]).

The only thing I'm seeing in the firewall logs are dropped packets because
they are "out-of-state" (ACK sent before SYN, and such...)...

Has someone on the list seen a behaviour like that ?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks !

Alexandre Déry
Technicien, SCSA, CCNA
Direction générale des technologies de l'information et des communications
1500E, rue Jean-Talon Nord 1er étage
Sainte-Foy (Québec) G1N 4T6
Téléphone: (418) 646-9273
Télécopieur: (418) 528-0418