Networker

Re: [Networker] Identifying suspect savesets and clflags attribute?

2004-07-26 04:44:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Identifying suspect savesets and clflags attribute?
From: "Maarten Boot (CWEU-USERS/CWNL)" <Maarten.Boot AT NL.COMPUWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:44:05 +0200
In order to 'verify' networker I run several daily reports on my pools

1) list any suspect backups in my SERVERS pool

2) list any incomplete clones in the CLONEPOOL. This one is the most difficult
as there is a flag incomplete in the clflags but there is no way to query it
directly.

3) report any incomplete backup in any pool older than 12 hours.

As a result I run a delete all incomplete backups older that 12 hours, at a
later time as they are worthless anyway.

The Incompletre clone gives me the possibility of deleteing the incomplete
clone separately and re-clone it manually.

--
Maarten Boot,
Compuware Europe B.V.