Networker

[Networker] how to clone only full backups ?

2004-07-13 11:36:25
Subject: [Networker] how to clone only full backups ?
From: Yura Pismerov <ypismerov AT TUCOWS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:35:57 -0400
       Hello everybody,

       I have a group of clients that have schedules where full backups are
spread (more or less evenly) across the retention period.
Basically I am trying to resemble the load balance mechanism that Amanda backup
implements. I just don't want (and I can not) to run
full backups for all the clients on the same day X, so I have 7 schedules for
each day of week. Every day there is clients that get
backed up with with level 0. Now, I need to arrange off-site backups for that
group, but I don't want to waste media for
incrementals in the off-site pool. Is there a way to clone only full backups
and ignore incremental savesets ? I understand that the
clone is to be done by group. I don't want to create multiple groups with full
only level, even though it would be an obvious
solution for me. Do I have any other options ?

       Thanks in advance.