Networker

[Networker] MSEXCH not appropriate for MSEXCH:MB

2004-07-07 17:08:09
Subject: [Networker] MSEXCH not appropriate for MSEXCH:MB
From: "Fowler, Carter" <CFowler AT LONDON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:57:52 -0400
Hey all;

Server: Win2000

NW: 6.1.3

Client: Win2003

Exchange: 2003

NWMEXCH: 4.0.1

Recently we began backing up a Win2003 Server with MS Exchange 2003.  We
are using the NetWorker Module for Exchange version 4.0.1.

We specify the save set MSEXCH: which worked out well for about 2 weeks
then out of nowhere, we began receiving the following message in the
nsrxchsv.log:

     "Initializing save set name. Existing name "MSEXCH:" not
appropriate for MSEXCH:MB objects."

There have been absolutely no changes to the client at all.  Legato's
knowledgebase suggests specifying the save sets to get around this,
however, the article "Solution ID legato26214", referenced the problem
with Win2000 SP2, NW v6.1.1, NWMEXCH v3.0, Exchange 2000 and MSCS
cluster two node active/passive.

In an attempt to further troubleshoot the issue, the instructions within
the solution were attempted.  Specifying the storage group did not
resolve the issue.

The save set MSEXCH: began working again for a couple of days then quit
again with the same error message.

Can anyone help us out here?

Cheers,

Carter Fowler

Hardware Services Technician

Technology Services Division

600 - 380 Wellington St.

London, ON, CA, N6A 5B5

Off: 519.661.5711

Fax: 519.661.5408

cfowler AT london DOT ca

Carter Fowler

Hardware Services Technician

Technology Services Division

600 - 380 Wellington St.

London, ON, CA, N6A 5B5

Off: 519.661.5711

Fax: 519.661.5408

Cel: 519.870.4956

cfowler AT london DOT ca <mailto:cfowler AT london DOT ca>