Networker

Re: [Networker] Diskbackup and Index saving

2004-07-07 16:02:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Diskbackup and Index saving
From: Kenneth Fossen <kenneth.fossen AT HELSE-BERGEN DOT NO>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 22:01:49 +0200
Carl Farnsworth  skrev den 7. juli 2004 17:31:

> This error message is a little misleading.  I'm guessing you've
> defined a separate Pool for the Disk Device Volume, and specified the
> Diskbackup Group for this pool?
Yes

> The problem is when the server tries
> to backup the storage node's index, it wants to write to a volume in
> that Pool, but the only volume is on the Storage Node.
>
> To rephrase Yura's suggestion, look at the client definition for
> LEGATOSERVER, at the Storage Node attribute.  It says simply
> nsrserver, right?
Yes

> Either:
> 1) Add the Storage Node name to this attribute - the server will look
> at it's own volumes for the required pool first, then should try to
> find the volume on the storage node (sending the index over the
> network).

This solved the problem :)
Sorry Yura for missunderstanding you :)

Thanks alot :)

*doing the happy dance*

> 2) Undo the special Pool for the storage node device, use
> one of your regular pools where indexes would normally be stored.

I will keep this i mind

> HTH,
> cf

Kenneth Fossen
IT.iHelse.Net <http://www.ihelse.net/>
IT-Department, Helse Bergen HF, 5021 Bergen, Norway
<http://www.helse-bergen.no/>
mailto:kenneth.fossen AT helse-bergen DOT no
Phone +4755976500- Fax +4755976550