Networker

[Networker] Incremental Archive Bit Issue

2004-07-02 11:48:11
Subject: [Networker] Incremental Archive Bit Issue
From: Philip Gaitan <pgaitan AT RACKSPACE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 10:47:39 -0500
Good morning,

I am currently experiancing an issue with a custom schedule that has been
set up for one of my customers.  The server is running Windows 2000 with the
7.1.1 NetWorker client.  The custome schedule is a FULL on the first of the
month, and INCREMENTAL each day after until the 1st of the next month.  I
tried to advise against this, but was not successfull.

That said, about a month ago we noticed that the archive bit was not
clearing after files were backed up. The folder that is being copied by
Legato is a data store thus once files are written they have all ready been
used and are untouched from there on.  I verified that the time stamp never
changed from day to day.  At that time the Networker Agent was 6.1.2.  After
some research I found this to be a known issue and the fix was an upgrade to
6.1.3 or greater.  At that point I installed 7.1.1.  Everything seemed to
run fine, but lately the issue has returned and I do not see it as a
recoginzed problem at this point.

My question now is has any one seen an issue where a 7.1.1 client runs on a
Windows 2000 box and does not clear the archive bit resulting in the same
behavior as a differential?

Thanks!

Philip Gaitan