Networker

Re: [Networker] one schedule per client entry

2004-06-30 11:54:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] one schedule per client entry
From: Roberta Butcher <rbutcher AT LLNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:01:41 -0700
For this purpose, I created a schedule called "Incr Daily". This
schedule does an incremental daily. When I want to force a skip on a
client, I do an override skip for that day in that schedule, then put
that schedule in the client definition. This way, if I forget to put
the client back in its regular schedule, at least it will be doing
incrementals ...

Hello,

I've run into a couple of instances where I need to keep a server from
backing up just for one night, so I remove it from the group it runs in
and then forget and never add it back.  So a couple of weeks/months
later I discover that 'Oh Crap' I don't have that system backed up.  So
I've been considering creating a schedule for each client instead of
standardized schedules like I have now, so that I can just do an
override skip instead of remove them from the group.  My questions are
... is anyone with a large environment doing this? ...is there a limit
to the number of schedules you can create?  ...is this considered best
practice or a bad practice?

Thanks,

Joel

Roberta Butcher